The Commission Junction Affiliate Marketing Network Celebrates 10 Years and a Record of Industry Best Practices
SANTA BARBARA, Calif., Nov 03, 2008 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Commission Junction, a division of ValueClick, Inc. (Nasdaq: VCLK), today announced that it is celebrating its ten-year anniversary as one of the first global affiliate marketing networks. The company was the first to introduce the concept of the open marketplace in which the performance metrics of advertisers and publishers are available to all network members. The transparency of this model contributes to the "network effect" in which advertisers and publishers have an incentive to partner and perform well for each other, effectively building the largest network to the mutual benefit of all members. Get more information on the benefits of affiliate marketing at www.cj.com/affiliatemarketingsolutions. Throughout its ten-year history, Commission Junction has continually introduced best practices that have been widely adopted by the affiliate marketing industry, including:
- Single Service Agreement: Commission Junction was the first to provide a single source for enabling publishers to work with an unlimited number of advertisers via one interface by completing a single service agreement, which also delivers the added benefits of consolidated reporting and payments.
- Earnings Per Click (EPC): EPC, a performance metric that measures earnings per 100 clicks, was introduced by Commission Junction to ensure that advertisers were paying commissions and that publishers were producing sales and leads. Advertisers use EPC to determine their rankings against other advertisers in the network and in their own categories so that they can remain competitive. Publishers can view the trends for each advertiser's EPC to reveal whose are increasing over time so that they can partner with those whose offers convert best.
- Program Term: To more effectively define the criteria by which a commission was paid, Commission Junction introduced the Program Term, which enabled advertisers to define the length of time post-click that they would pay commissions to publishers for subsequent sales or leads. The Program Term additionally enables advertisers to offer commissions for a defined number of sales following the click and to offer commissions for an unlimited number of sales during a defined referral period.
- CJ Performer™ Program: Commission Junction introduced the industry's first recognition program for top-performing publishers, which benefits both publishers and advertisers by making it easier for them to form partnerships with the best performers in the verticals to which they market.
- International Program Support: Commission Junction is the first and only affiliate marketing network that enables advertisers and publishers to set up programs in their preferred languages and local currencies and to work with partners who have different languages and currencies.
In addition to the recognition it has garnered for establishing best practices, Commission Junction is renowned in the industry for the highly-personalized attention that its account management teams provide to clients.
Melissa Salas, Director of Marketing for Buy.com, a leading online retailer with affordable prices on millions of brand name products, was pleased with Buy.com's choice to move their affiliate program from another provider to Commission Junction in 2005. "Commission Junction provides superior customer service to its clients and we are pleased that they continue to grow our affiliate program," said Salas. "With Commission Junction, Buy.com has the necessary tools to run our affiliate program more efficiently and pinpoint areas for optimization that enable us to maximize our revenue."
"The dedication of all our teams to putting our clients first contributes to our longevity," said Kerri Pollard, General Manager of Commission Junction. "Many Internet-based companies that were founded in the dotcom heyday of the last decade are no longer around. The fact that we are still successful after 10 years is a testament to the fantastic partnerships we have with our clients."
For more information on the benefits of affiliate marketing, go to www.cj.com/affiliatemarketingsolutions.
About Commission Junction
Commission Junction (www.cj.com) provides advanced performance marketing solutions that help marketers increase online leads and sales. By facilitating strategic relationships between advertisers and publishers, Commission Junction leverages its proven expertise in affiliate marketing and search marketing to drive measurable results for clients.
About ValueClick, Inc.
ValueClick, Inc. (Nasdaq: VCLK) is one of the world's largest online marketing services companies, offering comprehensive and scalable solutions to deliver cost-effective customer acquisition for advertisers and robust revenue streams for publishers. ValueClick's performance- based solutions allow customers to reach their potential through multiple online marketing channels, including affiliate and search marketing, display advertising, lead generation, ad serving and e-mail technology, and comparison shopping. ValueClick brands include Commission Junction, ValueClick Media, Mediaplex, PriceRunner and Smarter.com. For more information, visit www.valueclick.com.
This release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties, including, but not limited to, the risk that market demand for on-line advertising in general, and performance based on-line advertising in particular, will not grow as rapidly as predicted, and the risk that legislation and governmental regulation could negatively impact the Company's performance. Actual results may differ materially from the results predicted, and reported results should not be considered an indication of future performance. Important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed or implied in the forward-looking statements are detailed under "Risk Factors" and elsewhere in filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission made from time to time by ValueClick, including, but not limited to: its annual report on Form 10-K filed on February 29, 2008; recent quarterly reports on Form 10-Q; and other current reports on Form 8-K. ValueClick undertakes no obligation to release publicly any revisions to any forward-looking statements to reflect events or circumstances after the date hereof or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events.
SOURCE: Commission Junction
John Ardis, 630-922-6423
Gary J. Fuges, CFA, 818-575-4677