Conversant today published a white paper titled "Take Your Marketing Personal," to help marketers understand how to harness the power of personalized communications to drive profound sales growth. As marketers seek to respond to increased consumer demands for more tailored products, services, and communications, the need for personalized marketing has never been more apparent.
To help marketers meet these growing customer expectations, this paper by Conversant Chief Marketing Officer Scott Eagle identifies the five crucial components of a robust personalized marketing platform:
1. Centralized online and offline data: Marketers need a centralized data collection and management tool that can bring together, standardize and enrich all customer information from both online and offline purchases and other activity.
2. Actionable profiles associated with specific individuals: Once online and offline data is united, the next step is to tie all of a consumer's activity to a single, anonymized profile. Creating such profiles transforms "big data" into "big insights" about what products and messaging will appeal most to each individual.
3. Cost-effective creative personalization platform: Robust profiles are useless if marketers can't execute against them. It is essential to have a platform that enables the individual insights gleaned from the profiles to be reflected in brand-enhancing customized creative. The challenges here are that the ads must be developed quickly, enhance brand perceptions and be affordable.
4. Ability to identify individual shoppers and deliver messages to them wherever they spend digital time: Shoppers spend more than half of their time on devices other than desktop computers. A marketer's solutions providers must be able to target specific individuals across smartphones and tablets, as well as PC.
5. Accurate and complete incremental-sales-based measurement and optimization system: A personalization solution should provide robust measurement that pinpoints the conversions it truly causes - both online and off.
"Many leading brands and retailers are exploring personalized marketing as a way to improve sales and foster shopper loyalty," said Scott Eagle, chief marketing officer at Conversant. "When selecting a solutions partner, retailers must keep in mind that personalization is too important a strategy to get wrong."
To read the full paper, please visit: http://go.conversantmedia.com/Taking-Your-Marketing-Personal.html
About the Author
Scott Eagle leads Conversant's global marketing function, including strategy and the integration of marketing programs across our solutions groups. An accomplished senior executive with a strong background in client-side digital marketing and consumer brand management, Mr. Eagle has over 25 years of experience as a marketing leader managing major Fortune 500 brands and building successful new companies. Mr. Eagle has served as CMO for Empowered Careers, eHarmony and Claria Corporation, and he has held management positions at Concentric Network Corporation, MFS Communications and P&G. Mr. Eagle holds a B.S. in economics from The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, and serves on the board of Akademos, Inc.
About Conversant, Inc.
Conversant, Inc. (NASDAQ: CNVR) is the leader in personalized digital marketing. Conversant helps the world's biggest companies grow by creating personalized experiences that deliver higher returns for brands and greater satisfaction for people. We offer a fully integrated personalization platform, personalized media programs and the world's largest affiliate marketing network -all fueled by a deep understanding of what motivates people to engage, connect and buy. For more information, please visit www.conversantmedia.com
Paul Lesinski, 971-226-5299
News Provided by Acquire Media